Saturday 22 March 2014

DE-STEMPELWINKEL

I'm back doing what I like doing best...
ALTERING STUFF!
Although I am still trying to use stamps that have never been inked before,
3 of the stamps used on these drawers were totally un-used...
only the crackle effect had been inked up before this project.
The chest of drawers was well sanded, then painted, then really well sanded again so I had a super smooth surface for stamping on.
The sides have just one stamped image on, the top and front of the drawers have a stamped image that I masked off and stamped over.
I just sponged over the images with inks then sanded with a fine grade sanding block. I wanted to get a very shabby worn look to the chest of drawers.
Once I was happy that it did indeed look well worn I stamped all over every surface with the crackle stamp.
Finally a coat of semi-matte vanish and its good to go.
Thanks for stopping by BDx

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly FABULOUS - love the colour and distressing and those stamps are wonderful :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! It's even a while since I've been around in blog land, missed seeing your work hope all is well with you Lyn
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a terrific job on your chest of drawers, I totally love it!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete