Thursday 16 May 2013

SMEARED AND SMUDGED MEMBERS BLOG HOP FOR MAY

Well its that time of the month again when the members of the SMEARED AND SMUDGED FORUM get together for a blog hop.
The theme this month is ANYTHING GOES.
We have so many new members on the forum that we want to showcase everyone's strongest and most creative projects, so we have used our imaginations and shared what our hearts desired.
Its my first time heading up one of our member blog hops, you can of cause hop in any order you wish so for those who want to do that the whole blog roll is listed below.
Black Dragon (me)
Laura
Kristy
Kapree
Hazel
Kay
Rick
Monique
Rocio
Jane
Shell
Lady Brayton
Fiona

This is a 12''x 8'' mixed media canvas using a gorgeous image from SMEARED INK.
I used an image transfer technique that i hadn't tried before on such a large scale ....  i'm pleased with the result.... although i should have remembered to flip the image before i printed it out...DUH!
The imaged is framed with alsorts of bits and bobs, loads of paint,pastes and various stuff was used in the making of this piece but the main thing was time.... 3days including drying time.... why can't stuff dry instantly?

Below are some photos of my box , made for the current challenge at SMUDGY ANTICS, blogger has been playing me up rotten recently and i havent managed to blog anything for about 10days..... you still have a couple of days to enter the challenge whic is a simple one.....
........................ALTER A BOX......................
Images are of cause from SMEARED INK.
Now back to the blog hop and you are off to the amazingly talented LAURA who is bound to inspire you.
Thanks for visiting BDx
I'd like to enter the following challenges...
BY THE CUTE AND GIRLY..... FLOWERS  the box has flowers on the top.
CARD AND SCRAP..... LOTS OF LAYERS the maskon the box has 9 layers fussy cut.
MILK COFFEE CHALLENGE...SHABBYCHIC/VINTAGE...both above projects.
RHEDD AND ROSIE.... FANTASY/MYTHICAL..... both of the above projects.
WHIMSICAL DESIGNS.... MIXED MEDIA the canvas has many many different elements.
TOP TIP TUESDAY........BOX CLEVER i'm entering the altered box...of cause.

22 comments:

  1. Oooh - that is just gorgeous BD. I love the textures on that frame. How amazing..... I'd love to know what sort of pastes and stuff you used :-)
    Fabulous Box too (if you don't mind me sayin'.... bwaahahahaha pfffftttt!!!) Sorry - just my sense of humour creeping out there. !!
    The work on that must have taken you days !!! Gorgeous creations as ever :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Dragon,
    Your frame project is just outstanding! I think you did a great job on your image transfer! Love all the texture! And your box is so amazing! I just totally love it! I love that digi you used to make paper for the inside. I am using that image for my ATC swap at S&S. You are so brilliant!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome bd. but your work always does :-!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that frame is so touchy feely!! Love the piccy inside too, hes a scary one, Loving the box too, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular as always-love the box

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! you did it again......another FABULOUS piece of art. I Love the frame with all the skulls and chains and the image is gorgeous. Well done my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects! I love all of the texture on the canvas. I hate waiting for things to dry, too...half the time I'll use my heat tool and then end up blistering the finish on my projects. Thank you for your kind words, as I've often turned to you for inspiration.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow BD...two great projects. You never disappoint! Love the mixed media canvas and the box! It must have taken you forever to mold and compose the canvas. It is a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects love how these look very dark love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. your mixed media canvas is stunning! it's got a slightly eerie feeling to it which I think is great :D I am glad you amanged to get the photos on your box to load eventually it is amazing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work always amazes me, BD! I love the look of the image transfer and I adore all of the texture in your piece! I would love to have seen you make this so I could pick-up a few tips and tricks! Heck, I don't even know how to do an image transfer. Fabu box as well, my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Åhhh, hvor er den bare smuk♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.
    knuzzzzz Anne Bente DT♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love this box so much!! All of it. Inside and out! love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This month's blog hop is so fun and your project is so worth the drying time. Love looking at all the added details on frame and the chains, wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your altered canvas is awesome love it my friend
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been wondering why you haven't posted. BAD Blogger! Love al the projects, BD. You are always an amazing source of inspiration. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such artistic creations!
    Thank you for joining our Vintage Milk Coffee Challenge!
    Hope to see you again next time!
    Kaly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous, imaginative, altered projects!!!!!
    Thanks for joining Whimsical Designs for our "Alter It" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific projects! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tak for at du er med i udfordringen hos Card and scrap. DT Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the metallic and pearl accents on this, very stunning creation. Thanks so much for playing at MilkCoffee this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Unbelievable the depth and texture to the faces on your box. I couldn't stop staring at it. The way you blended in the flowers below as well looks wonderful. That's truly a terrific recycled box you've created and very clever!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete