Friday 17 May 2013

DOMINO ART

DOMINOART is having its annual 15 days of  'HALF-O-WEEN' 
Today is day #9 and my turn to share a Halloween inspired project with you.
This is a box of weird/macabre/ or just plain ol'creepy 4 piece jigsaws.
I gave the box a very distress paint effect.... the 8x domino's are stamped
using real rubber stamps from SMEARED INK'S 
QUOTH THE RAVEN set.... coloured with promarkers and sealed
with diamond glaze.
I neatened the edge of the domino's with black ribbon and trimmed 
the top edge with black gems. I put a ribbon through the hole on the front edge
to make it easier to pull open.
Above and below are the jigsaws.... 4x4 pieces, and altered both sides with
images or scenes i have created using various companies stamps and digi images, that i scanned,
then adhered to my jigsaw pieces.
Below you can see what i started with.... much more my style now,
me thinks!
DOMINO ART still has a challenge going on thats to
ALTER A PLAYING CARD/S
This is my inspiration piece that blogger refused to let me post last week,
i call it ''DEATH CARDS'' as my old Grandad who died when i was in my 20's
was very superstitious and believed that the ace and queen of spades dealt
together in a hand was a death omen.
I have used lots of bits and pieces i have made from clay, modeling paste,etc,
painted it black and then rubbed over with gilding paste. I have used 3 images from SMEARED INK
AS DEATH , digi set, if you look closely below you can just see them amongst the crackle effect.
     You still have about a week to enter the challenge so visit DOMINOART 
and check out the rules.
Thanks for visiting BDx
I'd like to enter the following challenges.....
THE CRAFTING CAFE....LADY LUCK .... the playing cards are bad luck!
AS YOU LIKE IT... FAVOURITE 2 COLOUR COMBO .... the box is black and green.. i adore black
and green is just so Halloween!
LEFT OF CENTRE CHALLENGE...LOC OR BLACK AND RED.... both of these are LOC
INSPIRE ME FRIDAY....ANYTHING GOES
SANDEE AND AMELIES STEAMPUNK CHALLENGE.... ALTERED PLAYING CARDS
                                                                           

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Your "death cards" are death-initely very very impressing! Loved to learn about your Grandpa's saying about that special hand too.

    Your use of clay and bits 'n pieces and colour is absolutely brilliant! Thank you for sharing this terrific piece with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk challenges!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Dragon, I'm so in love w/ your Domino box! How freakin awesome all your pieces fit together perfectly! Oh man this is just so cool! IDK, if you will get the notice that I responded to your comment on my blog so here is what I said on my blog in response:
    Black Dragon, you are so right I had to look it up theses images are by Abigail Larson and I found her on deviantART. Your so smart! I had no idea, I just know that Betty re-sells them. She get them in color form and then makes them black and white so they can be colored by the buyer. Thanks for your nice comment about my projects.
    Love ya,
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed how you did this???????like a odd kind of magic box that fits sooth as silk yes? alot of work and brilliant. love the monsters on the box :) cool idea..sorry running late in response time..but love it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!!! I am truely stunned. I really love your style of work and every piece of yours I see I think oh my goodness but these are stunned me to silence. That box is brilliant and I am glad you posted the before photo as I never could have imaged that is what they looked like to start with.
    The death cards is a master piece! I love all the work and details in there.

    Thank you for sharing both of these pieces with us at Left of Center xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow This is just fab! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafting Cafe!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome! I totally love the box' colours and image(s), they all fit perfectly
    thank you so much for joining Left of Center!

    -Laila aka Koneko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my.....Both of these projects are AMAZING! I wish I could create something so well done. Thank you so much for sharing and what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely cool - your APC Rocks!!! Amazing work - just love it!
    Thank you indeed for joining the SanDee&amelie´s STEAMPUNK CHALLENGE
    XOXO SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What fabulous projects. I'm drooling over your altered cards and all that texture and design, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so busy drooling forgot to say thanks for joining us at Left of Center Challenges this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards, beautiful texture on the palying cards. I love how you sort of melted two of them together. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of these projects! I'm trying to get used to using modeling paste, but your skill with it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just crazy awesome!! Love it love it love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, spooky theme!! Love the contrast of the green and black.
    Thanks so much for joining our favourite colour challenge
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    As You Like It Challenge.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on our theme! Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe!
    Amanda x (http://mandmadecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic creation! Well done on making the Top 3 at The Crafting Cafe! xx

    ReplyDelete